Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic all the in person activities listed below have been put on hold.
The ARI are committed to enhancing individuals’ wellbeing wherever we can. We hold the following regular events to promote good mental and physical health for all staff and students:
- Lunchtime Meditation (every day, 12:10-12:25): The ARI runs a daily meditation session in the Cathedral Room on the 1st floor. Sessions are based on the Headspace app, last 15 minutes and cover topics from self-esteem, to focus, to procrastination and many more. All are welcome, and no experience is necessary.
- Coffee Time (Thursdays, 15:30-16:30): We hold a weekly informal gathering in room 2.30 with coffee and biscuits, open to all. Coffee is prepared by volunteers - if you regularly attend, please consider signing up on the rota in the second floor kitchen. Danielle (in reception) is available to help with this. Home-baked treats are also very welcome!
- ARI Football (Tuesdays 11:00-12:00) and Basketball (Thursdays, 11:00-12:00) Mixed groups of ARI members meet for weekly games of football and basketball at the University of Liverpool Sports and Fitness Centre. The price is £5 per session, and all people and abilities are welcome. Contact William Chantereau (for football) or Daniel Horta Darrington (for basketball) for more information and to sign up.
All Liverpool John Moores University staff and students are entitled to free off-peak gym membership at Lifestyles Fitness Centres across Liverpool. Click here for information about the facilities and sign up here. Lifestyles offers free yoga classes for LJMU staff and students every Wednesday in the John Foster Building Room 106. Introductory sessions are 12:30-13:00, and the full sessions are 13:15-14:00. Contact email@example.com for more information.
The Liverpool Science Park, in which the ARI is based, also offer a range of activities which are open to ARI members:
- Yoga and Pilates (Wednesdays & Thursdays, 12:30-13:30): Weekly hour-long classes in yoga (Wednesdays) and pilates (Thursdays) in iC1. The cost is £5 per session. Contact the LSP reception for details and to reserve a space.
- High Intensity Interval Training (Fridays, 12:30-13:30): 30 minute HIIT classes with instructor Leah, taking place in the iC3 Green Room. The cost is £5 per session. Contact the LSP reception for details and to reserve a space.
- Reflexology (Friday, all day): Run by reflexologist Jan, sessions are £10 for half an hour, £20 for a full hour. Click here for more information and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book.